Friday, May 8, 2015

The Creative Call Book Club ~ Week 1


On Monday the His Kingdom Come community began its first book club. We are reading The Creative Call by Janice Elsheimer. Over the past 11 years our staff team at the church where I work had done regular book studies together.It has been a very formative time for us as a team and many of the books we have studied have helped form some of our values as a church. I have loved our book studies over the years and I wasn't sure how well it would work doing one in an online community. I am pleased to say that so far it has been a good experience.There are a lot of conversations going on in the book club chat page on the site. I'm also really enjoying the book. Last month I made a notebook to use for the book study, you can read about it here. I am using my notebook as a commonplace art journal where I can creatively record the quotes that are significant to me as I read.

Here are my selections from the introduction:





It's not too late to join us in the book club. Just visit the HKC site, join the site and join the book club.

3 comments:

  1. This is very inspiring. Busy week, so I'm just starting the chapter. Your journal looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book, Nancy. I look forward to your response to it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your color choices. So pleasing to me. Those are text I underlined too.

    ReplyDelete