Friday, March 20, 2015

Journey to the Cross

Our Take Me Deeper devotions for the month of March have been taking us through Lent on a Journey to the cross of Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. For week 3 of March I chose to take a mixed media background and place a cross on it that was made from painted paper.


I then lettered the words from the hymn Nothing But the Blood over the mixed media background.


My theme this month seems to be simple techniques. I guess that's where I am right now. :)

I took kids up to Youth Haven Ranch last weekend and came back with a nasty chest cold. That has kept me pretty low key this week. Today we are off on our staff retreat. I am already looking forward to next weekend which has very limited activity planned. 

The thing that has me the most excited today is the fact that it is the first day of Spring! We have had mild temperatures the past week and sunshine - I'm basking in it! This is my favorite season! I love to see how everything transforms from winter to Spring and to witness the new signs of change and growth that each day brings.

May you each have a great weekend and may your eyes be open to the daily changes in the world around us as Spring ushers us into a new season!

No comments:

Post a Comment