Thursday, February 26, 2015

Faithart 101 Class Launch 2.28.2015

On Saturday February 28th,  His Kingdom Come is launching its first collaborative class prepared by the 5 members of the Foundation Team.  Faithart 101 has been developed for beginners to Faith Journaling.   The 5 classes cover basic journaling information, how to translate scripture into art, the basics of drawing people, using scrapbooking techniques and mixed media techniques.



Each of the 5 classes can be purchased individually or all 5 can be bought together with a discount.  The individual classes are $8 each but you can buy all 5 together for $35.  PayPal will sort out the currency for you if you live outside the United States.    Once you have purchased your classes and have been added to the class site you can work through the classes at your own pace.  You will have unlimited access to the classes you have purchased.


The Foundation Team consists of Bernice, Mary, Shonna, Merri and Diane and each day this week you can find out more about each of us on our personal blogs.  We will also tell you about the class we are teaching as part of Faithart 101.
Bernice at Newly Creative on Sunday 22nd Feb.
Diane at Adore Him Creations on  Monday 23rd Feb.
Shonna at Twisted Figures on Tuesday 24th Feb.
Merri at Connecting Faith and Creativity on Wednesday 25th Feb.
Mary at Me, With My Head in the Clouds on Thursday 26th Feb.

My class is:


Let me tell you a bit about myself:
I live in Toledo, OH, have been married to Bob for 23 years, and we have two grown daughters and two step-grandsons. I have been a Christ-follower for 26 years. For the past 12 years I have worked in full time ministry at our church as the Executive Director and the Director of our outreach ministries. 

Below you will find some questions each of the blog hop participants will be answering:

How does your faith impact your creativity?  
When I got connected to art journaling it opened up a new life of creativity for me. God has used art journaling in my life as another spiritual practice. It has become another way of drawing me near to Him. Madeleine L'Engel says, "Art is incarnational." Art, whether in word or image, helps me put form to what is inside my heart and mind. When I take what I am seeing in Bible study and prayer and express it visually it is planted in my heart and mind more fully. Art becomes another tool used by God for spiritual transformation in my life.


What is your favorite technique?
 That's a hard question to answer! One of the things I love about art journaling is that it gives me opportunity to use a variety of techniques and art mediums. As far as techniques go, I think it would probably be a tie between finger-painting circles doing hand-cut letters. My favorite art medium would be collage - I love gluing paper!





Who is your favorite person in the Bible and why?
 It often changes based on what I am studying! Right now we are going through the Gospel of John at church and I really appreciate how focused the Apostle John is. He keeps the bigger picture purpose of why Jesus came as a man in mind as he writes. John is vision and mission minded (qualities I can relate to) and is always reminding his readers of God's mission and vision through the Son. And even though John is passionate about sharing truth, he is just as equally passionate about sharing God's love.


What Bible verse do you regularly rely on?
Again, this answer can change based on what I am studying. But, overall, I think one of the verses that keeps me grounded is Philippians 2:12-13: "Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed - not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence - continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." I need the constant reminder in this verse that God and I each have a role to play in my spiritual growth and maturity, but even in my role I must depend fully on Him.

Where to find me: 
Join us on February 28th in taking Faithart101 at His Kingdom Come and learn more  about Faithjournaling.  If you are not already a member of the His Kingdom Come community then please sign up.  You can purchase the class or classes from today.





No comments:

Post a Comment